How to Prepare Your House for Sale
Are you thinking of selling your home? If so, congratulations on taking this big step! Selling a house is an exciting yet daunting experience and there’s no shortage of tasks that need to be done in order to get the best price and make sure the process goes smoothly. As part of their duties, listing agents typically assist homeowners with tips on how they can prepare their homes for sale. In this article, we will look at what these preparations involve and discuss the workflow involved in helping you through to the successful completion of the house-selling process. So, whether you’re embarking upon a solo adventure or using a real estate agent for additional support - read on for our practical advice on making sure your property attracts its maximum amount of buyers!
Taking just a little time to clean and make obvious repairs will make your home sell faster and for a better price.
1. Start with the outside - Power wash siding, window frames, and walkways, mow the lawn, trim shrubbery, clean gutters, paint fences or railings that are looking worn.
Don't forget the HVAC! Buyers always ask about the air conditioning so make sure your outside unit it clean and serviced.
2. Make necessary repairs - Replace broken windows, repair any cracked walls or tiles, fill holes in the walls, fix leaky faucets.
3. Brighten up your interior spaces - Replace outdated light fixtures and window treatments or simply remove old window coverings. Declutter countertops and other surfaces to make it look more spacious.
4. Rearrange furniture - Arrange furniture in a way that will make rooms appear larger and edit out large amounts of accessories and superfluous furniture. When in doubt bare sells better than cluttered.
5. Clean thoroughly - Vacuum carpets and upholstery, dust all surfaces and furniture, launder bedding and towels.
6. Stage it! – Create vignettes throughout the home to help potential buyers envision living in your home.
7. Smells! - Make sure to empty garbage cans, clean the garbage disposal, change cat litter etc. and make sure your home smells good when a buyer enters. A few room fresheners placed around your home are a good idea with a light fresh scent.
HIRE A HANDYMAN
Selling your home can be a daunting task, and many just don't have the extra time needed to prepare it for the market. Instead of hustling to get everything done and stressing yourself out, consider hiring a local handyman service or leaving it up to your realtor. David Locke, REALTOR at Locke and Key Associates has a team of experienced handymen who can take care of repairs that will help make sure your house is in tip-top shape when potential buyers come looking. And with David's long list of trusted contractors, you won't need to fear any hidden costs while scheduling these services.
#Anderson #Greenville #Clemson #Seneca #SouthCarolina #ListingAgent #Realtor #GetYourHouseReadyToSell #LockeandKeyLife